Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dark Days Challenge #3



Yup, I'm behind. With family visiting, I've been so grateful they've been doing the cooking that I've let it slide. With the holidays and a flight to Ontario, I've definitely let a couple weeks pass, but I hope (*hope*) to get back into the swing of things and learn the fine art of balancing life with a toddler and a newborn.

So, while I strive to get my groove back, I thought an old favourite was in order. I made this Dutch Honey Cake during the 100 Mile Challenge and really enjoyed it. It's dense and hearty and delicious with a slab of butter. I followed the same recipe and technique as last time, only this time I've added apples.

I've been enjoying it as a quick breakfast as it's portability is really key right now!

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy.
    Still working on find my rhythm with a baby and toddler, guess it just takes some extra time getting used to babies all over again with a toddler running around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhythm? With a baby & toddler? I found mine by the time they were both toddlers ;) lol If ever there was a time to chill & let someone else cook, now's it! This looks yummy...butter....mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...